Top 7 Super-Foods to Eat Everyday.
We’ll jump straight into the benefits of the top Super-Foods you can add to your meals every day. Can also boost your metabolism and help fight disease.
Benefits of Blueberries
- Improve heart and skin health
- They can help increase bone strength
- They can help reduce blood pressure, they can help manage your diabetes.
- They help you maintain your mental health.
- They can help prevent certain types of cancer.
- They can improve cognition vision and mood.
Blueberries are also low in calories, their nutrients are abundant in vitamin C and they’re one of the rare foods that are blue in colour. They’re also high in antioxidants which means they help regulate and improve a number of processes in the body.
Benefits of Avocado
- Helps you maintain a healthy cholesterol level.
- It minimises eye damage
- It prevents osteoporosis
- It protects from chronic disease
- It helps you absorb keratinoid from plant foods.
- It stimulates blood flow.
Avocado is often branded as the world’s healthiest fruit. Its nutrient dense structure includes vitamins K, C, E & B6 niacin, riboflavin, magnesium, beta, carotene and Omega-3 fatty acids.
Benefits of Eggplant.
- Helps lower cholesterol.
- It helps reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It helps you lose weight.
- Helps protect you from bladder cervical pancreatic cancer.
- The antioxidant nasunin in the skin of the eggplant improves communication between your brain cells and improves your focus.
Best grilled or roasted using curries, stew’s and soups. Specifically they are used in many Greek Middle Eastern and Italian dishes. In order to keep them low in calories and fat it’s best to cook them in wine or vegetable juice.
Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds.
- They help improve the health of your bladder and prostate.
- They can lower blood sugar.
- They may help with certain types of cancer.
- It’s one of those foods richest in magnesium important for a variety of body processes.
- They may improve your sleep. Rich in antioxidants which help protect the brain from damage caused by free radicals.
Pumpkin seeds have a number of uses, which may explain why they’re so popular. You can use them in salads, smoothies, pesto soup or even cookies. For extra shazam to your everyday dishes you can make pumpkin seed butter and add pumpkin seeds to homemade bread.
Pumpkins contain a number of minerals and vitamins including calcium and vitamin B beta-carotene calcium and selenium.
Benefits of Quinoa.
- High fibre levels help you with constipation and haemorrhoids.
- It helps prevent kidney stones.
- It improves memory
- It’s gluten free.
- Rich and complex carbohydrates.
- Omega-3 fatty acids.
- But it’s also full of protein it contains all 9 amino acids.
You can pop some in your breakfast, lunch or dinner. An effective addition to salads, breakfast porridge, burger patties, soups, stews or various desserts.
Benefits of eggs.
- Promotes good cholesterol that help lower triglycerides.
- The antioxidants improve your eye Health..
- Rich in selenium iodine pantos authentic acid.
- High in vitamins and minerals.
Eggs can be eaten at any time of the day. The most versatile super-food as you can eat in them in many ways. Used in many types of dishes. Specifically you can make boiled, scrambled, poached, using an omelette pan with various vegetables and usable lunches dinners, breakfast, snacks or even desserts.
Benefits of Salmon.
- Potassium in salmon helps reduce the risk of stroke.
- The selenium in salmon helps protect your bone health.
- High level of protein helps maintain muscle mass with fantastic anti-ageing benefits.
- Perfect brain-food.
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids.
Plenty of ways to prepare salmon. You can roast in the oven, grill it, cook it fried in a pan. Serve with broccoli, lemon, asparagus, potatoes, carrots and quinoa.
Super drink WATER.
- It helps maintain a healthy brain.
- Fantastic for your skin, keeping skin hydrated and healthy looking.
- It helps regulate body temperature and helps you tolerate heat.
- Helps to prevent kidney damage.
- It dissolves vitamins and minerals in food and helps your body absorb them.
- Hydrates you and expands your brains grey matter resulting in a 14% increase in productivity.
- Delivers oxygen throughout your body.
Water is one of the most important things you can drink. You can last without food, but you can only last for a week without water. If you get tired of Regular water you can try a variety infused with fruit and spices. For a healthy amount for your body you should drink when you’re thirsty, your body will tell you when you need it. Plenty of water after exercise to re-hydrate. Also before meals as you won’t want to eat as much.
Found some great articles at womansday.com on super-foods, fantastic recipes for all kinds of super-foods. Well worth a look.?
You may want to check out my post on foods to eat to help ease joint pain, click here to read more…